The Girl Spot Girl of the Month
Welcome to our Girl of the Month feature! Each month, we will highlight one of our pole dance students. This month we’ll chat with Lindsey. Watch her dance here
Let’s see what makes her tick!
- What is your occupation?
Owner & Artist of Black Tabby Studio, but also a Stay-At-Home Mama! 🙂
- What is your age?
- How long have you been a Girl Spot Girl
- What drew you to classes at The Girl Spot?
When I first started coming to The Girl Spot, I was really just looking for a fun and different way to get a good workout in. I have a friend who takes pole dance classes in another state, and I was so amazed at her strength and ability that I knew I needed to at least give pole a try. I immediately fell in love with the artistry of pole dance and how strong it makes me feel, and I’ve pretty much been taking classes weekly ever since.
- What keeps you coming back?
Having never been a dancer of any kind, I came to The Girl Spot feeling a bit unsure about what my body was capable of and was worried I would feel out of place and judged for not knowing how to “dance”. I was so relieved and actually quite thrilled at how accepting, supportive, and knowledgeable all the instructors are here. Not only that, but the sense of community and over all positivity amongst fellow students and instructors alike, really makes me feel comfortable enough to be myself and learn and grow in a safe space.
- What is your biggest challenge in classes right now?
Not being able to make my weekly classes on a regular basis and fighting sicknesses for months has definitely affected my strength and performance in class recently. There are skills I was able to easily accomplish a few months ago, but now I find myself having to work extra hard to execute them. So I guess my biggest challenge right now is trying to build my strength back up in certain areas in order to perform tricks and skills that I was previously able to do.
- What has your biggest success in class been?
Getting my shoulder mount on both sides. It was definitely the skill I had to work on longer than anything else in order to achieve and I was SO excited when it finally happened!
- Tell us about your top 3 favorite things to do when you’re not in the studio?
1. Creating any sort of art; illustrating, painting, digital art, photography, etc. Even just doing arts and crafts or coloring with my kids.
2. Taking care of my home. I love tidying, decorating, and transforming spaces. I always have a “diy home project” or two going on. It’s just another way for me to be creative on a daily basis.
3. Honestly I’m quite the homebody, so just being home and spending quality time with my husband and kids is one of my absolute favorite things to do.
- Tell us the one thing about your classes that makes it worthwhile
Even if I’m having an “off” day, I still always leave class feeling empowered. I honestly have never felt more in tune with my body than I do when I’m in pole class, so even if I’m struggling with learning a new skill, I’m still always so amazed at what I’ve learned my body CAN do.