Meet Alyssa, Pole Dancing Girl of the Month
Welcome to our Girl of the Month feature! Each month, we will highlight one of your fellow students. This month we’ll chat with Alyssa M. Let’s see what makes her tick!
1. Name: Alyssa M.
2. Hometown: Orange, CT
3. What is your occupation? Accounts Receivable Manager
4. What is your age? 21
5. How long have you been a Girl Spot Girl: 4 Months
6. What drew you to classes at The Girl Spot?
When I was 14 I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and spent a year and a half in a wheelchair because I couldn’t walk. During that time I had made a list of things I wanted to do one day if I ever got better and pole fitness was one of them. Fast-forward to a few months ago and I finally got the ok from my doctor to start exercising again. I immediately searched for studios in the area and The Girl Spot seemed like the perfect place with all of the challenging classes that are offered and the great reviews.
7. What keeps you coming back?
A desire to be my best, friendly and experienced teachers and just an overall great atmosphere.
8. What is your biggest challenge in classes right now?
The biggest challenge for me right now is overcoming the limited use of the left side of my body. Even though I first got sick when I was 14, I have chronic Lyme disease so it relapses often. When I was in college a few years ago I ended up having a stroke. It took about eight months of treatment for my face to return back to normal and about two years into treatment now, I am slowly gaining back the strength on the left side of my body.
9. What has your biggest success in class been?
My biggest success in class has been passing Pole Basics and moving up to Pole 1.
10. Tell us about your top 3 favorite things to do when you’re not in the studio?
1. Go hiking.
2. Visit restaurants and bakeries featured on the food network.
3. Crotchet blankets (it really helps with grip strength)
11. Tell us the one thing about your classes that makes it worthwhile?
What makes it all worthwhile for me is that I feel like I accomplished something every time I leave class. Even if I’m in pain before or afterwards, it’s worth it to know that I pushed myself to do something I enjoy instead of lying around sleeping 18+ hours a day like I used to.
Thanks Alyssa, for choosing us! It’s a privilege to work with you, and we look forward to your continued growth in pole. XXXOOO